COMPASS FAMILY THERAPY
Morris County, NJ
Psychotherapy & Counseling Services
Psychotherapy is a process by which one individual aligns him/herself with another individual or family to promote their well-being, emotional growth, and interpersonal competence.
- It is a science in the sense that it requires a particular knowledge base on the part of the practitioner.
- It is an art in the sense that the therapist must establish an association where trust, respect, and intimacy are maintained within the ethical boundaries of a professional relationship.
- Psychotherapy can be very effective in resolving interpersonal issues and promoting family and personal peace and well-being, but it is not the only method of accomplishing these goals.
- Psychotherapy is not something to “believe in”, and the process should always be collaborative and transparent.
- Personal and interpersonal empowerment can be life-changing.
Child / Adolescent Therapy
- The Nurtured Heart Approach®
- ADHD/ ADD
- Separation Anxiety
- Panic Attacks / Phobias / Fears
- Adjusting to Changes in the Family
- School Issues
- Improving Social Skills
- Improving Self Esteem
- Anger Management
- Behavioral Issues